Blueberry piePosted: January 20, 2007
It turned out gorgeous! I was blogging this from my mobile phone earlier, so I didn't add the recipe, but for anyone wanting to try here you go:
Mum's easy and gorgeous blueberry pie –
100g butter 2 dl creme fraiche
1 dl sugar 1 egg
1 egg 2 tsp vanilla essence
2 dl plain flour 1 dl sugar
1 dl porridge oats about 5 dl small blueberries
1 tsp baking powder
1. Whisk butter and sugar into a foamy type texture.
2. Add the egg and whisk until smooth.
3. Mix flour, baking powder and oats together, add and mix well.
4. Grease a pie dish and spread the mix evenly on the bottom of it.
5. In a separate bowl mix together the creme fraiche, egg, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
6. Spread the blueberries on top of the base mix in the pie dish.
7. Pour the creme fraiche mix on top of the blueberries and base.
8. Bake in 200°c for approximately 30 minutes.
Best served with vanilla ice cream or custard and a nice cup of coffee (from a coffee maker you can time). ;-)
I sometimes use more oats to make the base a bit more fluffy. Oats So Simple original sachets are great for this base, too. I use 2-3 in the mix if I can't find small packs of porridge oats in the shop. One pack of the standard supermarket blueberries is usually enough for this pie, too. The ones sold in Britain are usually much larger than what we have growing in the wild in Finland. Just make sure you cover about ¾ of the base when adding the berries.